Okay, so we're on our way to Beijing, and we have a little layover in Tokyo. It's turning out pretty well, and the Delta lounge in Tokyo is INSANE! Even though the pasta and sauce had potatoes in it (wait, oh yeah, Italians always mix potatoes in with their pasta!) there was quite a good spread. They have chocolate cake, sushi with gourd, sandwiches, salad, soup, the whole shebang. And they even have this little treasure:
Yes, you may be thinking this is how you become the next Green Lantern, or even the Green Hornet, but alas, no. This is one of Fanta's long lost greats. Steve says it's Green Apple, although I'm pretty sure it said it was Melon Soda. So you're thinking just taste it, right? Not so easy, it really does taste like some strange combination of the two. Despite its lacking of superhuman qualities, the first cultural food experience (the soda, not the pasta) in Asia was pretty dang good.
So far it's pretty close to home, except for the heated toilet seats. If you're brave enough to sit down on one in a public place, I'm sure they're quite pleasant. But even better, they have rooms where you can take showers. Basically you have your own personal bathroom in an airport halfway around the world. Pretty sweet.
Plus there's this bonus that everyone somehow knows to speak English to us.....
Ok the heated toilet seat. I don't know how many times I've told Dave I wanted to have that. I didn't know it actually existed! This is fantastic. One day I will have to visit China myself to enjoy that pleasure.
ReplyDeleteWhen I think of heated toilet seats, I think of this book of Roald Dahl's (somewhat exaggerated) memoirs called "Boy," and part of his duties as little-boy-in-a-British-boarding-school is to warm up the headmaster's toilet seat with his own little bum before the headmaster comes in to sit. And after I remember that, I think, "ew."
ReplyDelete